Fire at vacant Buchanan Street home caused by arson
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say arson was the cause of a vacant house fire on Buchanan Street Friday afternoon.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department received the call around 12:30 p.m. Friday. Firefighters arrived at the scene to find the rear of the home at 1092 E. Buchanan Street engulfed in flames. According to spokesperson Mark Miles, crews battled for 12 minutes to get the flames under control.
Firefighters say the fire caused $40,000 in damages. The house is considered a total loss.
Anyone with information about the house fire are asked to contact the Baton Rouge Fire Department Arson Investigators at 225-354-1419.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU freshman with cancer flips coin at Saturday's game
LSU Parade Ground appears empty amid temporary tailgate restrictions
Greek Life imposes new tailgating guidelines in wake of student death
Video of Baker High fight sparks outrage among parents
LeBlanc's Boudin a total loss after fire