Fire damages Baton Rouge strip club

Font size

Posted: Oct 25, 2010 8:02 AM by Andrea Fontenot
Updated: Oct 25, 2010 8:02 AM
Source: WBRZ

  Rating: 4.0 (3 votes)

Topics: fire, firefighters, Baton Rouge, strip, club, Airline Highway, wbrz

Firefighters responded to an electrical fire that damaged a Baton Rogue strip club early Monday morning.

Investigators said the fire started from an electrical malfunction around 7 a.m. Monday at the Dancers Men's Club and Sports Bar on 5055 Airline Highway. When fire crews arrived the flames had already pushed through the roof of the building.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the front portion of the bar, and said the rest of the building received heavy heat and smoke damage. Overall damages were estimated to cost $100,000.

Firefighters had to close part of Airline Highway for two hours while they put out the fire. There were no injuries reported.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular