Fire at Baton Rouge carpet seller ruled arson
BATON ROUGE – Investigators say a fire that damaged a well-known carpet business in north Baton Rouge this morning was caused by arson.
Firefighters were called to Carpet Kingdom and Interiors around 1:30 a.m. Thursday, and flames were showing through the building’s roof when they arrived.
The fire destroyed the showroom and offices, causing around $800,000 in damage.
Owners of the business had no comment about the fire when approached by News 2 this afternoon. Carpet King has been a longtime fixture of the north Baton Rouge community.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the fire to call them at (225) 354-1419.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Progress made in eliminating Baton Rouge apartment blight
Investigative Unit: Bacteria in Assumption water one day before boil order issued
Greenhouse released from jail after judges ruling
EBRSO investigating 7 burglaries in Old Jefferson area
No recount for Ascension Parish president's race