Posted: Sep 6, 2012 3:53 PM
Source: Associated Press
NEW ORLEANS - Entergy Corp. says fewer than 10,000 people in Louisiana still had power outages as of Thursday afternoon.
Entergy customers made up more than 700,000 of the more than 900,000 who lost power after Isaac hit the state last week.
The corporation said Thursday on its website that most of the remaining outages were at sites that were unable to receive power because of storm damage or flooding.
Some public officials have complained about what they called the slow pace of power restoration and have called for regulatory investigations. The corporation has defended its work, noting Isaac's slow pace through the state and pointing to a statement praising the restoration effort by William Bryan, deputy assistant secretary for the U.S. Department of Energy's infrastructure security and energy restoration division.