Family says electrical fire caused child's death
BATON ROUGE - The family of a 2-year-old killed in a house fire is asking for help covering their expenses.
Marques Veals, 2, was found dead in the burned home on the 5300 block of Paige street. Family members say it was an electrical fire.Fire officials say the fire started near the front of the house.
The family has set up an account at Neighbors bank under the name Marques Veals to make donations. Donations can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 5884 Paige Street Baton Rouge, LA 70811.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor Edwards gives updates on Tropical Storm Cindy
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Convicted former CATS Board member involved in more questionable activities
Volunteers help St. Martin Parish residents prepare for Tropical Storm Cindy
DPW cleaning out ditches in EBR as Tropical Storm Cindy approaches
EBR Sheriff stationed rescue vehicles ahead of storm