Family of ten safe after fire at Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - A family of ten is safe after an electrical malfunction sparked a fire at their home early Wednesday morning.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the blaze on Lobelia Ave. just after 3:00 am. All ten residents evacauted the home before rescuers arrived.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the rear portion of the home, but the rest of the home received smoke and water damage.
No was injured by the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Gunfire outside Sorrento landfill escalates enviromental fight
Reported two alarm apartment fire on Titian Ave. near N Donmoor Ave.
20-year-old wanted for shooting near Doe's restaurant on Government Street
Legally blind teacher works, can't get disability assistance
Community gathers to honor Martin Luther King Jr. on MLK Day