Family of ten safe after fire at Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - A family of ten is safe after an electrical malfunction sparked a fire at their home early Wednesday morning.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the blaze on Lobelia Ave. just after 3:00 am. All ten residents evacauted the home before rescuers arrived.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the rear portion of the home, but the rest of the home received smoke and water damage.
No was injured by the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Starbucks employee has meltdown over new Unicorn Frappuccino
Community says it's still seeking justice for Alton Sterling
American Airlines employee grounded after confrontation with passenger
Historic dorms in Tiger Stadium to be demolished
Second disaster hits family within a year, waiting on insurance