Family of 8 gets help after losing their home to a fire
DENHAM SPRINGS - The Butler family lost everything in a fire, but their community is stepping up to help just in time for Thanksgiving.
The Butler family lost their home to a fire earlier this week. Everyone in the home escaped with minor burns. They weren't able to save anything but each other.
Groups like Christ's Community Church in Denham Springs are trying to get the family back on their feet with clothes, food and a new home before the holidays.
"Right now they need everything, they need clothing, they ran out of the house without shoes, so they need everything, but really they need a home," explained Shannon Easley, the pastor's wife.
Butler and her family were put up in a hotel for now, and said they're forced to live entirely off of donations.
"We just feel blessed and it's a feeling you cant even describe. I'm just really glad my family is all safe and with me and they are all fine," she said.
Butler said they did not have fire alarms or extinguishers in their home. She says she hopes their loss can serve as a reminder to everyone to be ready for a fire in their home.
If you would like to help the family, you can reach them at (225) 939-5320.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Southdowns residents furious about over-flowing manhole
Burglaries in Geismar subdivision prompt neighbors to use app
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Elected leaders want COA Director to resign after WBRZ report
Blocked culvert cleaned following call to 2 On Your Side
Man wanted for stealing $1,200 worth of cigarettes in Prairieville