Family escapes burning home in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - The American Red Cross is assisting a family of five after their house caught fire early Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were called to the 9000 block of Pascagoula Dr. around 1 a.m. after a passerby noticed flames come from a house and awakened the family.
Two adults and three children were able to get out the house safely.
It took St. George firefighters about 30 minutes to put out the flames, but there's serious fire damage.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be electrical.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU freshman with cancer flips coin at Saturday's game
LSU Parade Ground appears empty amid temporary tailgate restrictions
Greek Life imposes new tailgating guidelines in wake of student death
Video of Baker High fight sparks outrage among parents
LeBlanc's Boudin a total loss after fire