75°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 Day Outlook
Tue
95°
72°
0%
Wed
94°
74°
0%
Thu
96°
72°
10%

Latest Weather Blog

Follow our weather team on social media

Family dogs die in space heater fire

2 years ago February 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013 Thursday, February 28 2013 Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:49:51 AM CST in News
Source: Baton Rouge Fire Department
By: Russell Jones

BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said a space heater burned a home down and killed two of the resident's dogs this morning in Baton Rouge.

Curt Monte with the Baton Rouge Fired Department said the home on Erie Street was a total loss, and the residents weren't hurt in the fire.

Monte said they believe it started from a space heater which was put too close to combustible materials. The heat was so intense it melted the front of a car parked in front of the house.

Firefighters kept the flames from spreading to nearby homes. The Red Cross was called out to help the residents.

 

More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days