Families safe following two morning house fires
BATON ROUGE – Two families are safe following two separate house fires that occurred Monday morning.
The St. George Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 4400 block of Fleet Drive around 9 a.m.The fire was brought under control shortly after however the fire did cause heavy damage to the garage and kitchen of the home.
Four of the five occupants of the home were safely evacuated, along with a pet. No injuries were reported.
Fire investigators determined that the fire started in a trash can in the garage and was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials.
Another house fire occurred just one hour later around 10 a.m. in the 13000 Briargrove Avenue. The St. George Fire Department was able to contain the fire to a bedroom in the home. The two adults and two children in the home were not injured. The cause of the fire has been determined to be electrical.
Red Cross assisted in both incidents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence