Posted: Nov 19, 2009 8:31 PM by Michael Marsh
Updated: Nov 19, 2009 8:31 PM
Source: Associated Press
Some 15 families who had to evacuate their homes when a natural gas well caught fire in Desoto Parish can return home on Friday. Authorities say workers regained control of the well Thursday evening. The well is about three miles east of Grand Cane and blew yesterday during a maintenance procedure. The blow out and fire killed 58-year-old James Dennis of Bullard, Texas and critically hurt Jimmy Siler, also of Bullard. Both men worked for a company from Broussard and were contracted to Chesapeake Energy Corporation which operates the well. Evcacuees were told to contact the sheriff's office after 8 a.m. Friday for instructions on getting back to their homes. The evacuees were placed in motels and living expenses are being paid by Chesapeake Energy.