Fallen tree causes Greenwell St. house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said they traced the origins of a Tuesday morning house fire on Greenwell St. back to a tree that fell on the house this past Sunday.
BRFD said they responded to reports of fire coming from the front bedroom window of a residence at 4068 Greenwell St. at around 10 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters got the fire under control within 10 minutes.
Only one of the three poeple who live in the house were home when the fire began, and no injuries were reported in connection with the fire.
Firefighters said they were able to contain the fire to the bedroom, causing little water damage, but said the rest of the home had smoke damage.
Residents of the home said electrical problems began after a tree fell on the house Sunday. Firefighters confirmed an electrical short in the front bedroom started the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Jury convicts deputy marshal for shooting death of boy, dad\'s injuries
At least 3 injured after tree falls on cars near Tara
Beloved cat with microchip went missing, adopted by another family
Hammond school closed Friday due to Norovirus outbreak
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Long-time employee quits, allegations surface over missing money