Facebook page publishes '18 rules for driving in Baton Rouge'
BATON ROUGE – A Facebook page decided to poke fun at Baton Rouge’s favorite pastime: sitting in traffic.
The page, “Southern Sweet, Louisiana Loud and Proud,” posted a picture Saturday morning with the official ‘rules for driving in Baton Rouge.’
1. First you must learn to pronounce the city name. It is ‘Batt'n Roodge.’
2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Baton Rouge has its own version of traffic rules... Hold on.....and pray.
3. All directions start with, "Get on I-10"...which has no beginning and no end.
4. The Chamber of Commerce calls getting through traffic a "scenic drive."
5. The morning rush hour is from 6:00 to 10:00. The evening rush hour is from 3:00 to 7:00. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.
6. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will get rear-ended.
7. Hoo Shoo Too Road can only be pronounced by a native.
8. Construction on I-12 is a way of life, and a permanent form of entertainment.
9. All unfamiliar sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we are in Denham Springs!"
10. If you actually see someone with their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.
11. All old ladies with blue hair in Cadillacs have the right of way.
12. Lots of streets mysteriously change names as you cross intersections.
13. A trip across town will take a minimum of an hour.
14. The wrought iron on windows downtown isn't ornamental.
15. If you leave one car length for every 10 MPH speed between you and the car in front of you, somebody will cut in.
16. Never stare at the driver of the car with the bumper sticker that says, "Keep honking. I'm reloading."
17. For directions sake, you must know the difference between the "New" bridge & the "Old" bridge as also you should know the difference between the "New" mall and the "Old" mall.
18. Anyone trying to get within 5 miles of the LSU campus on the day of an LSU Football game either does not live in Baton Rouge or has lost his mind.
So, do you think they missed any of the rules of driving in Baton Rouge? Tell us your favorite rule or leave your own rules in the comments section below or on the WBRZ Channel 2 Facebook page.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
New Roads mayor resigns, pleads no contest to malfeasance charges
Flood victims approaching deadline to move out of FEMA trailers
1 dead, another hurt after attack in Ascension Thursday
'Mass illness' sickens hundreds after jambalaya fundraiser
Mayor announces crime-fighting collaboration with AmeriCorps