Explosive hazard in storm drains prompt neighborhood shelter-in-place
LULING - People who live around an elementary school here were urged to shelter-in-place Friday night after an explosive hazard was found in storm drains of their neighborhood.
The alert was for people on Courville Drive and the 800 block of Collier Drive. The streets are in the area of Luling Elementary School.
People in the area were told to extinguish fire ignition sources like pilot lights on appliances.
Authorities say someone introduced possibly gasoline to into the storm drainage system.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Senator Cassidy unveils plan to replace Affordable Care Act
Crews battled large fire at recycling plant Monday
WATCH: Crews battle fire at recycling plant Monday
WATCH: Video of fire at Prairieville recycling plant seen by drivers
Livonia residents say turning left on Hwy 190 is a death wish