Electrical problem blamed for smoke at school
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said an electrical problem caused smoke at Shenandoah Elementary Wednesday morning, which led to an evacuation of the school.
A St. George Fire Department spokesperson said just after 9 a.m. the school reported smoke had appeared in one of their buildings. When firefighters arrived they said they found a ceiling tile smoldering in one of the classrooms, and quickly extinguished it.
Firefighters said the students and staff were evacuated as a precaution, and there were no injuries.
School maintenance fixed the problem and students were able to go back inside just after 10 a.m.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt
New road to allow additional access to Lamar Dixon Expo Center
Southern University's disrepair could affect enrollment