Electrical issue sparks Christmas Day house fire on Galvez Street
BATON ROUGE - An electrical issue sparked a house fire on Galvez Street late Christmas day morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters were called to the house in the 2600 block of Galvez Street just after 11:15 a.m.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find fire coming from the back of the house. Everyone inside the home made it out safely, according to BRFD.
The fire started in the kitchen area of the house and caused heavy smoke and fire damage.
Red Cross was called out to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU caretakers respond to Mike the Tiger pouncing video
Some Metro Councilmemebers like new road tax plan better than last one
Asian carp a growing concern for fisherman
Remains of local Marine killed in car crash return home Wednesday
Raising Cane's employees fired over video showing unsanitary behavior
LSU Track star Aleia Hobbs happy she could represent her home state...
14-year-old CoCo Gauff wants to be the next star in pro tennis
Pete Jenkins reflects on 2017 season
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence