Electric cigarette explodes in Florida man's mouth
PENSACOLA, Fla. - Fire officials say an electric cigarette exploded in a Florida man's mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth.
North Bay Fire Department Division Chief Joseph Parker says it appears the cigarette's battery exploded while the man was smoking Monday night. Parker likened it to a bottle rocket going off in the man's mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.
Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.
Authorities don't know what model cigarette it was.
The victim is being treated at a Mobile, Ala., burn unit.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Daycare owner indicted on negligent homicide charge in child's death
Slow start to ticket sales for Saturday's LSU, USC game
La. VA secretary out amid patient care scandal
LSU general admission tickets go on sale Thursday
West Feliciana deputy accused of using 'n' word, multiple complaints filed