Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast

Latest Weather Blog

Follow our weather team on social media

Electric cigarette explodes in Florida man's mouth

3 years ago February 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012 Wednesday, February 15 2012 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:40:45 AM CST in News
Source: Associated Press

PENSACOLA, Fla. - Fire officials say an electric cigarette exploded in a Florida man's mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth.

North Bay Fire Department Division Chief Joseph Parker says it appears the cigarette's battery exploded while the man was smoking Monday night. Parker likened it to a bottle rocket going off in the man's mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.

Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.

Authorities don't know what model cigarette it was.

The victim is being treated at a Mobile, Ala., burn unit.

More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days