Posted: Jul 10, 2012 5:23 PM by Russell Jones
Updated: Jul 10, 2012 5:23 PM
BATON ROUGE - Chef KD helped anchor Rosa Flores make his Eggplant Acadian dish today on News 2 at 4. Here's how you can make the dish too:
· One or two medium Eggplants peeled and sliced into ½ inch slices
· Prepare eggwash and double batter with plain flour and fry in 350 degree peanut oil until done about 4 minutes.
· Remove from oil and set on brown paper in pan on side..
· Saute ½ cup chopped seasoning in 2 tablespoons butter adding water to seasoning as it starts to brown
· When seasoning starts to brown remove skillet from heat and add
· 1/3 cup plain white flour use back of spoon and blend flour into onions
· Add 1 cup ½ and ½ milk
· 1 cup peeled shrimp
· ½ cup green onion tops
· Mix together and return to burner and simmer on medium until sauce starts to thicken and bubbles.
· Turn off burner and remove skillet from heat
· Season to taste and add ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Put fried eggplant in a casserole dish
Top with Acadiana Sauce
Top with grated Mozzarella Cheese
Put in 350 oven until Cheese melts
Garnish with fresh chopped Parsley