EBRSO accuses man of child molestation
BATON ROUGE - Deputies accused an East Baton Rouge man of sexually abusing a child over the course of nine years.
Investigarors arrested 67-year-old Thomas Fife, saying he abused a child starting when they were seven until they were 18 years old.
Sheriff's deputies said the victim came forward on May 14, claiming Fife abused him on many occassions from 1997 to 2006. The victim said the abuse consisted of inappropriate touching and sexual conduct, for which Fife reportedly paid him. Deputies said the molestation stopped when the victim threatened to tell an authority figure about the incidents.
The victim attributed his delay in reporting the offenses to law enforcement to his embarassment over the events that had "ruined his life".
Investigators said Fife denied the accusations, claiming the victim made the charges because Fife had refused to give him money last year.
Deputies arrested Fife after getting a warrant from a judge, and booked him into the East Baton Rouge Parish jail.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sen. Troy Brown will spend the weekend in jail
Spanish Town Parade asks for usual irreverence but inclusion
Residents on edge as Comite River crests above flood stage
Baton Rouge residents gather to watch Trump's inauguration
Police believe illegal immigrant could be tied to other sex crimes