Early morning house fire due to electrical malfunction
BATON ROUGE - An electrical malfunction is to blame for a house fire in Baton Rouge where five people lived.
It happened Saturday morning around 2 a.m. in the in the 1000 block of Columbus Dunn.
Fire officials say a faulty breaker box in the laundry room started the fire, The blaze started in the back of the house and spread to the attic and through the roof were firefighters were able to contain it shortly after they arrived.
The home received heavy smoke damage, and moderate fire damage with no injuries reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Tales of paranormal activity surrounding the Old State Capitol
The Louisiana Red Cross gives out free smoke alarms in two neighborhoods
LSU to wear uniforms saluting fallen WWI heroes Saturday
Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1 billion ahead of Friday drawing
Power restored in downtown Baton Rouge after electrical fire causes hours-long outage