News

Duplex fire in Gardere area

Font size

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 5:58 AM by Andrea Fontenot
Source: St. George Fire Department

  Rating: 5.0 (1 vote)

Topics: The St. Geroge Fire Department, fire, duplex, Skysail Avenue, chimney, flue, Gardere

BATON ROUGE - The St. George Fire Department responded to a fire at a duplex at 8020 Skysail Avenue.

Firefighters arrived at the scene Thursday night and found flames above the roof.

According to the department, the wooden fireplace flue enclosure caught on fire.

The fire was contained to the area around the flue and was quickly put out.

The American Red Cross is assisting the victim with temporary housing.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular