DSNAP resources now available online
BATON ROUGE – State officials have created a disaster resource page that includes a news center, fact sheets and other downloadable information about the DSNAP program.
The disaster resource page can be found at the Department of Children and Family Services website.
According to DCFS, the webpage also includes a frequently asked questions section with answers in both English and Spanish.
Examples of the FAQs included:
What is considered when calculating an applicant's DSNAP eligibility?
- Take-home pay that has been received or is expected to be received for the time period of Aug. 10 - Sept. 8, 2016.
- PLUS all available cash resources - cash on hand, checking and savings account balances.
- MINUS total dollar amount of money spent or expected to be spent on any disaster-related expense for the time period of Aug. 10 - Sept. 8, 2016.
What do I need to bring to the DSNAP site?
- A form of identification, plus the social security number(s), and date(s) of birth for each household member
- Address and proof of residency and as of Aug. 10, 2016
- Monthly income for each household member- If you have check stubs, you can bring those.
- All liquid assets for each household member (cash on hand, checking, savings) - If you have bank statements bring those.
- Amount of disaster-related expenses you incurred during the disaster period.
I cannot make it the day designated for my last name, what do I do?
- There are two days for each letter of the alphabet. If you cannot make either day, you may send an Authorized Representative to the DSNAP site on your behalf. Authorized Representatives must bring with them to the DSNAP site a picture ID and the picture ID of the applicant/head of household along with a signed statement from the applicant/head of household or an adult household member authorizing them as a representative and to make an application on their household's behalf.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Volunteers clean up historical cemetery on MLK Day
Amid growing concerns about drainage, big change could be in store for...
Trending highlights; See the best moments from last week
Community garden laying down roots to alleviate food desert
Video captures moose chasing skiers at Colorado resort