Dog rescued during apartment fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters rescued a dog out of a smoke-filled apartment early Wednesday morning in Baton Rouge.
Investigators said the fire happened at a set of apartments located at 1741 Brightside Lane just before 9 a.m. due to an electrical malfunction in a wall outlet. When they arrived firefighters said the apartment's kitchen was on fire.
Firefighters extinguished the fire before it could spread to other units, and said they rescued a dog from the smoke-filled unit.
Losses for the unit were estimated at $90,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Matherne's Market, more student housing coming to LSU's campus
EBR Parish joins legal fight against opioids
Century-old Baton Rouge business featured in National Geographic Magazine
Livingston Parish teacher placed on administrative leave after arrest in underage sex...
Woman accused of contractor fraud was paid over $100k for flood renovations