Despite incomplete application, Uber drivers to hit streets this weekend
BATON ROUGE- Paperwork has not been finalized for the ride-sharing service Uber, but drivers will still be allowed to pick up riders through the weekend.
The city said at the close of business Friday, the company had not submitted a full application. The paperwork submitted appears to be incomplete, a parish attorney told WBRZ News 2 shortly before leaving for the weekend.
There had been complaints the service was running the streets without proper paperwork for nearly a week. Uber began picking up riders via its smartphone app more than a week ago, prior to completing necessary documents required by the city.
The Taxi Control Board will have to decide what action, if any, to take because of the incomplete paperwork, the government worker said.
The board previously raised issues with city leaders granting Uber, and other similar businesses yet to make a move into Baton Rouge, less stringent rules to operate.
A meeting date to discuss Uber has not been set.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Crews responding to crash involving firetruck on Airline Highway
Local ham company packed with holiday customers
Residents advised to shop smater, safer this holiday season
Iberville Parish Council opposes Baton Rouge development
$1,000 donation made to local anti-violence program in honor of Wayde Sims