Deep freeze- how to protect your plants from the cold
Kim Bronikowski from Louisiana Nursery joins Whitney on 2une In to tell you how to protect your plants from the cold temperatures.
Here are some simple steps you can take, to protect your garden:
1) Water plants thoroughly at the roots as normal.
2) Cover with cloth for insulation then visqueen. Do not cover with just visqueen. The plastic will kill the plant.
3) Do not cut back dead foliage. It helps insulate the plant.
4) Move potted plants to the south side of your home. Keep them away from the north wind.
5) The cool blooming plants like pansies, snapdragons and petunias should be fine if they are in the ground and have had a chance to become cold hardy by previous frosts.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Roundabouts planned throughout Livingston Parish
Criminal justice bills derailed by Louisiana budget feud
EXCLUSIVE: Mayor speaks out after call for firing of BRPD officer
Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
RAW: Video shows Southern's Devon Gales walking with robotic exoskeleton