Deadly house fire caused by pot left on stove
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters identified a Baton Rouge man who died in a house fire overnight.
Investigators said 58-year-old Vernon Mack died from smoke inhalation when his home in the 5200 block of Stearns caught fire just before midnight.
FIrefighters said they believe Mack fell asleep and left a pot cooking on the stove, which is where the fire started.
The fire department kept the flames from spreading to nearby homes and found Mack's body inside after the fire was extinguished.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg had lunch in Baton Rouge; Find out what he...
Sparks fly at town hall meeting with Congressman Garret Graves
Multiple calls to fix growing sinkhole gone unanswered
Parents stay strong after daughter left paralyzed following domestic violence shooting
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Classroom brawl caught on camera; Where were the teachers?