Space heater sparks house fire on Sumrall Drive
BATON ROUGE - Paramedics responded to a reported house fire with injuries in Baton Rouge Friday afternoon.
The fire was reported shortly after 1 p.m. in the 4000 block of Sumrall Drive. Although injuries were initially reported, no one was hurt.
The fire department believes the fire was caused by a space heater left too close to combustible material.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One transported after construction crane falls on vehicle in Henderson
DOTD to discuss widening of LA 44, roundabout in Ascension Parish
Restore Louisiana to reopen survey and extend application deadline
Doorman, veteran at local bar salutes for national anthem, becomes internet sensation
Mississippi casino revenue rises as sports betting begins