Conroy ends bid for EBR mayor-president
BATON ROUGE - Business owner John Conroy ended his run for East Baton Rouge mayor-president today.
Conroy said the experience had been a "pleasure", and that he had sought to highlight issues he felt needed addressing with his campaign.
"Crime is out of control, our District Attorney's office is in jeopardy of going bankrupt and our infrastructure is crumbling around us," he said in his announcement. "The solutions are here, I just hope the new mayor has the guts to make the right decisions and implement them."
Three other candidates have announced their intentions to run against Mayor-President Kip Holden, who is also seeking re-election. They include Metro Council Mayor Pro Tem Mike Walker, and business owners Jim Mayer and Gordon Mese.
The qualifying dates for the election are Aug. 15, 16 and 17. The election is Nov. 6.