Christmas tree recycling program set to begin
East Baton Rouge Parish's Christmas tree recycling program will offer curbside collection of trees this year. The collection will run between January 4 and January 12.
It will be for East Baton Rouge Parish residents, except in Baker and Zachary. The recycled trees will be used for coastal restoration and mulch.
Officials say residents should remove tinsel, metal stands, lights and ornaments from the trees before putting them out to be recycled.
Several drop-off locations will also be available. The following drop-off collection sites will open Saturday, December 26, and continue to accept trees through Monday, January 25:
• Independence Park, 7500 Independence Blvd.
• Highland Road Park, 14024 Highland Road
• Kathy Drive Park, off O'Neal Lane by Team Toyota
• North Sherwood Forest Park, 3140 N. Sherwood Forest
• Pecue Wood Recycling Facility, 9455 Pecue Lane
• Scenic Hwy. Wood Recycling Facility, 12601 Scenic Hwy.
• LSU, Skip Bertman Drive in lot across from Vet School