Christmas Tree mishap burns Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters believe an electrical malfunction between some Christmas lights and the electrical socket at a home in the Broadmoor area sparked a fire Monday evening.
Emergency crews were dispatched to a house on Carolyn Sue about 5 p.m. They found the family's Christmas Tree in the living room of the home ablaze.
The homeowner told firefighters a child plugged the tree in and then another child noticed something spark. The child unplugged the tree and their babysitter evacuated the house.
The fire was contained to the living room but there was smoke damage throughout the home.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Lawmakers prepare for third special session this year
Parkview Baptist teen preps for national rodeo
Dangerous hole in Zachary neighborhood posing serious threat, residents concerned
Power restored after storms pound East Baton Rouge again Friday
Mayor-president pushing for new sales tax to improve East Baton Rouge traffic
Temeka Johnson basketball camp about more than the game
Saints looking to fill backfield void during Ingram's 4-game absence
Saints RB Mark Ingram says he's 'not angry' with his contract
Sean Payton's coaching style propels him into 13th year with Saints
New coach excited to change basketball culture at Southern