Chimney fire burns house on Christmas morning
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were able to control a fire that burned up a chimney and into the attic of a home on Camellia Avenue in the Garden District Thursday.
The family said they had a party Wednesday night and watched the fire burn out but awoke to flames burning from the chimney and parts of the roof Christmas morning. Fire officials said the fire caused about $25 thousand in damage. No one was hurt.
The family said they are staying with family temporarily and were able to salvage most Christmas gifts.
The fire department said chimney fires are a sad reminder that fire places should be cleaned and inspected every winter.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Fallen EBRSO Sgt. Shawn Anderson to be laid to rest
Fallen EBRSO Sgt. Shawn Anderson escorted to Healing Place Church
Walker police officer resigns after placing noose in squad room
Pastor hopes to help family, friends heal as Sergeant Anderson is laid...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Livingston deputy ignores three court subpoenas, held in contempt