Chef of the Month: SHUCKS! Crab cakes
BATON ROUGE - SHUCKS! is back on 2une In with a delicious crab cake recipe this morning. Chef Joey Faciane showed the 2une In crew how to make crab cakes.
SHUCKS! Crab cakes
2# Lump (White) crabmeat
1# Claw (Brown) crabmeat
1 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon SHUCKS! Seasoning
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
1) Pick lump and claw meat several times to ensure there are no shells remaining in the meat.
2) In a medium heat skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil allowing to get hot.
3) To the oil add bell peppers, onion, garlic and SHUCKS! Seasoning, cooking until the vegetable are soft and translucent.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add cooled vegetable mixture to crabmeat, carefully folding so that crab meat does not break apart.
5) Add eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs while continuing to fold crab meat.
6) Form into 4oz patties and allow to chill in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight for best results.
2une In next Wednesday for the last SHUCKS! segment. They'll be cooking up some oysters as their finale!
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One in critical condition after shooting on Syble Drive
Possible lawsuit between parishes over Laurel Ridge levee extension
Driver beaten up after running over child
School board proposes massive construction effort, new schools in south EBR
Central superintendent working to dispel school threat rumors