Chef of the Month: Capital City Grill's Mahi Corn Maque Choux
BATON ROUGE- Capital City Grill's Y'zell Williamson was back in the 2une In kitchen on Wednesday. On this week's Chef of the Month segment Williamson cooked up some Mahi Corn Maque Choux. It's one of the most popular items on the restaurant's menu.
Check out the video for some special cooking instructions from Chef Y'zell and make sure to get the recipe below.
1 pack or ½ tbs. of tasso cubed
1 cup diced red onion
1 cup diced red bell pepper
3 cups roasted corn
½ cup of white cream
½ cup of heavy cream
1. Combine tasso, red onions and bell peppers in a pan and sauté until soft.
2. Add in corn, white wine and cream.
3. Work until it reduces down.
4. Pour over your plate and top with your mahi.
5. Garnish with berre blanc and serve.
Make sure to watch 2une In next Wednesday for Chef Y'zell's final Chef of the Month segment!