Chef of the Month: Caliente Mexican Craving's Adobo Chicken Tacos
BATON ROUGE- During the month of May, our chef of the month is from Caliente Mexican Craving. This morning, Raul Arenas and Jessica Barraza kicked off their month-long stint in the kitchen by showing us how to make some delicious Adobo Chicken Tacos.
2 lbs. chicken breast
5 bay leaves
20 Chiles Guajillo
1 cup pineapple juice
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 cup of shredded red cabbage
1 cup of shredded green cabbage
½ cup of cilantro
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Cook the chiles, guajillo, and bay leaves until soft.
2. Blend chiles, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and pineapple juice in a blender.
3. Strain mixture through a colander.
4. Marinade chicken in the chile mixture for at least an hour
5. Grill chicken
6. Combine red and green cabbage with cilantro and olive oil
7. Assemble the tacos
Check out 2une In next week to check out another recipe from Caliente Mexican Craving.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One dead in drive-by shooting north of Denham Springs
Chemical leak in Ascnesion Parish prompts evacuations
Grace period for flood victim utility disconnections will soon end
State shuts down driving school that left students out in the cold
Family homeless since flood starts fire in abandoned house