Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises: Chicken Sausage, Navy Bean and Winter Greens Soup
BATON ROUGE - The perfect way to combat the chilly temperatures outside is with some hot comfort food. 2une In's Chef of the Month, Chef Don Bergeron of Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises stopped by 2une In this morning to show you how to make his Chicken Sausage, Navy Bean and Winter Greens Soup.
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 lb. Chicken sausage (remove casing and crumble)
2 cups chopped seasonings (onion, celery and bell pepper)
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
6 cups chicken stock
1 can (15.5 oz.) navy beans (drained and rinsed
Red Pepper Flakes
Shot of Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
4 cups mixed greens (spinach, kale, swiss chard and mustard greens)
1/2 cup green onions (sliced)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Whole wheat pasta (cooked)
1) Heat oil on medium heat in a heavy bottom pot.
2) Add crumbled chicken sausage. Sauté until it's no longer pink.
3) Add chopped seasonings and garlic.
4) Sauté for 5 min. and add chicken stock.
5) Bring to a medium simmer then add navy beans.
6) Season with salt, peppers, thyme and bay leaf.
7) Add mixed greens and green onion.
8) Cook approx. 5 min. and add lemon juice.
9) Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
10) Serve over whole wheat pasta.
If you don't feel like making the soup yourself, you can always find it at Chef Don Bergeron's location at 714 Jefferson Hwy. Watch the video for more tips on making Chicken Sausage, Navy Bean and Winter Greens Soup. Click on the related links or 2une In next Wednesday for more recipes from Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sheriff lambastes Matthew Morris after trial Tuesday
BRPD investigating after one killed, one transported after crash involving school bus
GMA unveils 'Captain Marvel' first trailer
One dead, one transported after crash involving school bus
Accused fradulent contractor Matthew Morris expected in Ascension Parish court