Local News

Cat rescued from burning Central home

Font size

Posted: Sep 18, 2012 2:17 PM by Russell Jones
Updated: Sep 18, 2012 2:17 PM
Source: Central Fire Department

  Rating: 5.0 (1 vote)

Topics: central, house, fire, kitchen, cat, rescue, firefighters

CENTRAL - Firefighters in Central saved one cat from a burning home in Central this morning, but said four other cats died in the fire.

Deputy Fire Chief Charles Mondrick said they were called to a kitchen fire at the home on Daytona Drive just after 6 a.m. When they arrived Mondrick said neighbors told them they believed the occupants were out of town.

Firefighters searched the home while extinguishing the fire. They said they found four cats who died due to smoke inhalation, but a fifth was alive and hiding in a closet.

Mondrick said electrical issues are suspected to be what started the fire. He said it caused about $30,000 in damage to the home.

IMAGE: Central Fire Department

Most Popular