Carlotta St. fire victim's death caused by carbon monoxide
BATON ROUGE - The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office says a man found dead following a house fire on Carlotta St. last week died as the result of carbon monoxide toxicity.
The coroner's office identified the man as 37-year-old James Mobley on Friday. Firefighters said they found him dead at the scene on the second floor of a home located in the 3200 block of Carlotta St. near E. State St., not far from LSU's campus around 7 a.m. last Thursday morning.
The fire sent another person to the hospital in serious condition with second and third degree burns. The State Fire Marshal's Office said that the fire originated in the burned man's apartment. He remained in the hospital as of Monday.
Investigators also said they found candles and smoking devices in the bedroom where the blaze started, but have yet to determine how the fire started.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
The Louisiana Red Cross gives out free smoke alarms in two neighborhoods
LSU to wear uniforms saluting fallen WWI heroes Saturday
Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1 billion ahead of Friday drawing
Power restored in downtown Baton Rouge after electrical fire causes hours-long outage
Frustrated commuters call for officials to "raise hell" after Sunshine Bridge closure