Canadian rescued after pinned in junk-filled home
BURNABY, British Columbia - A Canadian man in his 70s was severely dehydrated after being pinned for several days under debris in his home that had piled up almost to the ceiling.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Tuesday a man called to report that he had not seen his friend in several days.
Police found the doorway and halls of the suburban Vancouver home so choked with junk that the fire department was called to clear a path inside.
Crews had to break down the door and chainsaw through garbage to reach the man. Police say there was no heat and electricity, and the man was severely dehydrated.
He is being treated for possible circulation problems.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Man hopes to keep homeless in Baton Rouge from going hungry
National attention, but no new leads in 1997 cold case murder
Mardi Gras Indians spend another year celebrating heritage
Bluebonnet back open after crews successfully remove FedEx truck from sinkhole
Locals celebrate Mardi Gras from snowy Ohio to New Roads Tuesday