Posted: Sep 26, 2012 7:10 AM
Updated: Sep 26, 2012 7:10 AM
Source: 2une In
This morning on 2une In, our friends from Cafe Americain wrapped up our September Chef of the Month segment with a delicious redfish recipe.
Chefs Susanne Duplantis and Duke Nevills also brought by a special surprise!
4 Redfish fillets
½ cup blackened seasoning
¾ stick melted unsalted butter, (2 oz reserved)
¾ cup olive oil (2 oz reserved)
½ cup white wine
¼ cup lemon juice
1 oz garlic, chopped
1 oz fresh basil, chopped
1 oz Italian seasoning
1 bag fresh spinach
4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
8 oz mushrooms, slices
1 lb lump crabmeat
Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk ½ cup olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, basil, and Italian seasoning until well blended. Set aside.
2. Dip fillets, skin side up, in ½ cup melted butter and then coat buttered side with blackened seasoning.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat; add 2 oz of melted butter and 2 oz olive oil.
4. Cook 2 fillets at a time, seasoned side down, for 1 minute, flip, cook another 2 minutes or until done. Set aside.
5. In a separate skillet, add prepared sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
6. Sauté over medium high heat, for 1 minute.
7. Add spinach and crabmeat.
8. Cook until spinach starts to wilt and crabmeat is heated through, about 1 minute.
9. Top redfish with sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.