Cable worker electrocuted after hitting power line
PRAIRIEVILLE - Emergency responders said a cable installer working in Prairieville died Thursday after his bucket backed into a power line and electrocuted him.
Prairieville Fire Chief Ray Poche said the 38-year-old man was stuck in mid-air until responders could cut the power and get to him.
Poche said the man was pulling cable and facing away from the line when the accident happened, and the electricity disabled the bucket on his truck. Firefighters had to bring a ladder truck in to retrieve the body.
The chief said the man had a Mississippi driver's license and his next of kin are being notified.