BRFD: Kid playing with candles started house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said they put out a fire on Friday morning started by a child playing with a candle.
BRFD said they responded to a report of a house fire at 1566 Goudchaux St. around 8:15 a.m. and found flames coming from the living room and kitchen of the home.
Firefighters said they were able to get the fire under control within half an hour, but not before it got into the attic and caused heavy smoke damage to the rest of the house.
Investigators said the fire was started by a child playing with candles in either the living room or kitchen of the dwelling.
Three people were in the home when the fire started, but no one was hurt according to BRFD. Investigators said the child will be counseled and placed in the Baton Rouge Fire Department's Juvenile Fire Setter Program.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Murder suspect wanted in Livingston Parish arrested in Florida
Prairieville man arrested for impersonating a police officer
State officials respond to The Investigative Unit's report on Hwy 190 in...
Cemetery still working to identify bodies disturbed by August flood
Walker subdivision still having drainage problems