BRFD: Extension cord causes early-morning fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters blamed an overloaded extension cord for starting a duplex fire in central Baton Rouge this morning.
Barry Mounce with the Baton Rouge Department said they were called to 2028 Kentucky Street just after 6 a.m., and that the fire started in a bedroom.
The people living in the building noticed the fire and were able to get out unharmed.
The fire damaged the rear third of the apartment and caused smoke damage throughout the building.
The Red Cross was called out to help people displaced by the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Former employee's arrest, superintendent's retirement prompt shake-up
OLOL picking up slack as BR General ER closes its doors
Proposed law could end suspensions, expulsions
Accountability to be key following Baker Schools Superintendent retirement
Public safety facing $7-10 million budget cuts