BRFD: Accidental house fire on Bon Crest Avenue on Wednesday morning
BATON ROUGE - Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday morning on Bon Crest Avenue.
According to the department, the cause of the house fire was accidental. When firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire was coming from the roof of the house.
According to the department, an elderly man in a wheelchair was cooking food and left it unattended. A neighbor helped the man get out of the house safely. The house received heavy fire and smoke damage, according to the department.
The department says that Red Cross was called out to help with the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Jury convicts deputy marshal for shooting death of boy, dad\'s injuries
At least 3 injured after tree falls on cars near Tara
Beloved cat with microchip went missing, adopted by another family
Hammond school closed Friday due to Norovirus outbreak
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Long-time employee quits, allegations surface over missing money