BRAVE unit announces drug, gun arrests
BATON ROUGE - Police announced ten arrests and several drug and gun seizures Thursday as the result of several recent BRAVE unit patrols through Baton Rouge.
Cpl. L'Jean McKneely with BRPD said the arrests included some from proactive patrols around the Southern University homecoming game. McKneely said BRAVE officers took three illegal guns off the streets during that patrol and arrested three people: Julian Washington of Zachary, Eradley Ben of Ville Platte, and Alvin Ellis of Baton Rouge.
On Oct. 8 BRAVE officers also arrested seven other people during patrols in the city and an investigation into a tip about narcotics being sold in the 70802 ZIP code. During those patrols officers said they seized crack cocaine, a large quantity of marijuana and several marijuana plants, more than $2,500 cash, and a stolen gun.
The people arrested during those patrols and their charges are listed below:
Oct. 4 -
* Julian Washington, 21, of Zachary - possession of a stolen firearm
* Eradley Ben, 23, of Ville Platte - illegal carrying of weapons, criminal damage to property, resisting an officer
* Alvin Ellis, 20, of Baton Rouge - discharge of a firearm, illegal carrying of a firearm, resisting arrest by flight
Oct. 8 -
* Brett Roberge, 19, of Baton Rouge - possession with intent to distribute marijuana, cultivation of marijuana
* Albert Harris, 25, of Baton Rouge - possession with intent to distribute marijuana
* Terrance Hart, 36, of Baton Rouge - possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine
* Abbott Buchbaum, 18, of Metairie - possession with intent to distribute marijuana
* Kaitlin Glasser, 20, of Metairie - possession with intent to distribute marijuana
* Pierre Bell, 25, of Baton Rouge - simple robbery, domestic abuse battery, fugitive
* Devonte Haynes, 22, of Baton Rouge - illegal possession of a stolen firearm
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Officials urge drivers to prepare ahead of holiday traffic Officials urge drivers...
Gas prices in Baton Rouge drop below $2 just in time for...
Massive crash shut down I-10 West for hours Monday
Local food bank may have to turn people away this season
Parish president threatens to build wall over downstream impact from EBR developments