State News

Bourbon Street shooting suspect back in Louisiana

Font size

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 5:39 PM
Source: Associated Press

  Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

Topics: Bourbon Street, Shooting, Trung, Le, extradited, Orleans Parish

NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office says a suspect in the gunfight that killed one person and injured nine others last month in the French Quarter is back in New Orleans.

Trung Le is currently being held in Orleans Parish Prison.

Chris Bowman with the Orleans Parish DA's office says in a statement that Lee was picked up from a Mississippi jail around 10 a.m. Saturday.

Earlier Saturday, Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves signed a document to have Le extradited.

Le, of Belle Chasse, Louisiana, faces a charge of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder following the June 29 shooting.

The 20-year-old Le has been held in a Gulfport, Mississippi, jail since being arrested on July 4. He had refused to sign a waiver of extradition.

Most Popular