Bourbon St. shooting suspect pleads not guilty
NEW ORLEANS - A Bourbon Street shooting suspect has pleaded not guilty on two charges related to the June 29 gunfight in the French Quarter that fatally wounded one person and injured nine others.
Le entered his plea Wednesday.
The 21-year-old Le originally was arrested July 4 and booked with one count of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder.
New Orleans police said Le was one of two men who opened fire toward each other. The second suspected gunman has not been arrested.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Le but only on the lesser charges of manslaughter and one count of attempted-second degree murder.
Le's attorney has contended that his client acted in self-defense when he fired his weapon.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Police chief says no reason to be alarmed despite 8 shootings in...
Push for "City of St. George" could return, but with obstacles
Paratroopers jump into the Box as LSU welcomes military, baseball season
Chief: More police, partnerships will work to curb violent streak
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: US Marshals searching for escaped WBR inmate