Bourbon St. shooting suspect appears in court
NEW ORLEANS - The only suspect arrested so far in connection with a deadly gunfight on New Orleans' Bourbon Street has made a brief court appearance with new lawyers.
Twenty-year-old Trung Le remains in jail without bond on one count of first-degree murder in connection with the death of a bystander in the June 29 shooting spree.
He also faces attempted first-degree murder charges in the wounding of nine others.
His new attorney, Martin Regan, says Le is not guilty in the shootings. Regan also said Wednesday he believes video evidence may be available that will clear Le.
Image : Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Congregation B'Nai Isreal to hold 106th Anniversary Food Festival
LSU athletic director asking fans to 'keep it clean' after vulgar chant...
LSU to wear uniforms saluting fallen WWI heroes Saturday
Late start at Donaldsonville schools continue
Local family struck by tragedy hope to win national Christmas-decorating contest