Boston court evacuated amid marathon bomb probe
BOSTON - Workers are returning to a Boston federal courthouse that had been evacuated because of a bomb threat amid reports of a breakthrough in the marathon bombings investigation.
The U.S. Marshals Service in Washington says the courthouse was evacuated due to a bomb threat. Spokeswoman Nikki Credic-Barrett says authorities conducted a security sweep.
Court workers are now going back inside the building, about an hour after the evacuation.
Attorney Francis DiMento says he was in a hearing when someone came over the loudspeaker and told everyone to get out.
Crowds of reporters are gathered outside. The FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Boston say no arrests have been made in the marathon bombing.
The courthouse has a day care attached and at least one crib was wheeled out.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Thief returns special needs girl's stolen tricycle
Road closure this weekend ahead of century-old farmhouse move
Small plane makes emergency landing in Scotlandville Friday; no injuries reported
Southern University police bust a move while filming 'Lipsync Challenge' video
Still no leads in parish-wide cat killings