Baton Rouge house fire ruled accidental
BATON ROUGE - A child playing too close to a space heater with some paper is to blame for a house fire in Baton Rouge.
It happened around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2600 block of Lobelia.
The paper caught on fire, causing it to spread through the bedroom and kitchen.
The child and another person escaped safely.
The Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU, fired coach Les Miles agree on $1.5 million settlement
BRPD announces Friday press conference to address rash of shootings
Dog survives unbelievable injury after being shot with arrow
Third person dies after quadruple shooting Wednesday night
Disney cast member's heartwarming encounter with special needs child goes viral