Baton Rouge airport's master plan seeks business development
BATON ROUGE- The Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport has seen several non-aviation businesses sprout up on its land over the past several years.
Airport leaders now want to ensure that businesses leasing the land surrounding the airport will continue to prosper and try to attract more economic drivers to the area over the next decade.
Business developments are at the top of airport officials' lists of what needs to be monitored and improved as the airport now enters a new master planning period. The Metro Council will vote on a $922,000 proposal for airport consulting firm Kutchins and Groh to create an updated master plan.
The Federal Aviation Administration will pay 90 percent of the master plan's cost and the state Department of Transportation and Development will cover the remaining 10 percent.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Crying child wanders into parking lot after being left on school bus...
Livingston Fire Dept.'s struggle with lack of funding continues
Crawfish could be in short supply for businesses relying on Atchafalaya Basin
Brusly looking for missing traffic ticket money
High School located in 'Food Desert' gets a garden on campus